About the Urgent Care Centre
St Marks Hospital, Maidenhead now has an Urgent Care Centre (UCC) which runs alongside the outpatients’ department. The centre is run by East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Service and provides a real alternative to Accident & Emergency for minor injuries and ailments.
Conditions that can be treated at the Urgent Care Centre
Minor ailments and conditions that can be treated at the UCC include:
- Bites, stings and allergic reactions
- Foot and hand injuries including dislocations
- Head injuries (but not loss of consciousness)
- Nose bleeds/facial injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Panic attacks
- Respiratory difficulties
- Eye problems
- Viral illness
Please note that the UCC can only provide treatment within 48 hours of injury or onset of symptoms.
If you are uncertain, please call the centre on 03000 24 2000 Please note the cost of the call is the same as to a standard landline, even if calling from a mobile.
The UCC offers a number of additional services, such as:
- Professional support and advice for people living with long-term conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease and lung disease, or those who have concerns about their health.
- Nurses who are able to prescribe medicines.
- A weekday x-ray service for minor fractures (e.g. wrists and ankles) for all patients over the age of two. The specially trained UCC nurses request on-site x-rays where appropriate. Patients with more serious injuries are referred to A&E.
- Strong links with local GP surgeries and other NHS services.
Contacting the Urgent Care Centre
To contact the UCC, please call 03000 24 2000 Please note the cost of the call is the same as to a standard landline, even from a mobile phone.
- 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
- 9.00am – 1.00pm Weekends
- 9.00am – 1.00pm Bank Holidays
How to get to the Urgent Care Centre
The Urgent Care Centre is located in the Outpatients’ Department in St. Mark’s Hospital. Follow the driveway round to the left to the overflow car park. The centre is accessed from this car park.St. Mark’s Hospital Outpatients’ Department St. Marks Road Maidenhead SL6 6DU