When you apply for a job with us
East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Service (EBPC) collect and process personal data relating to job applications as part of our recruitment process.
This privacy notice details how we collect and use personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
East Berkshire P rimary Care are the ‘data controller’ for all job applications. We are responsible for deciding how we process and store your personal data.
What data do we collect?
- Your name, address and contact details
- Details of your qualifications, skills and employment history
- Your current renumeration package
- Information about your right to work in the UK
- Any information you provide during an interview
- Information relating to equal opportunities such as race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs
- Information about criminal convictions
If we decide to offer you the role, we may also collect personal details from references you provide as well as carry out a DBS check.
Why do we collect your personal data?
EPBC collect your data during the recruitment process to allow us to assess a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide whom to offer a job. We will not use your data for any purpose other than recruitment.
We will use the information we collect to
- Assess your suitability for the role you have applied for
- Carry out background checks and references
- Communicate with you about the application process
We will only share your information with third parties for the purpose of processing your application such as contacting referees and carrying out criminal records checks.
Who has access to data?
Your data may be shared internally as part of the recruitment process. This includes members of HR, interviewers and managers in the business to whom the vacancy relates.
How we store and protect your data
EBPC takes the storage of your data seriously and we have internal procedures and controls in place to ensure your data is kept safe.
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary. If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your data for a period of 6 months and then it will be destroyed. If your application is successful, we will keep your data for the duration of your employment with us. A separate policy will be provided to you when employment commences regarding this.
Under data protection laws you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and sue of personal data
- The right to access personal data
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified
- The right to erasure in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent
If you believe that EBPC has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/